14 killed after terrorist attack in Barcelona Spain

0
1045

14 people killed and 130 injured on Thursday when a terrorist intentionally drove a van into crowds on Barcelona’s most popular street.

 

{Source} The Telegraph

Citizens of 24 countries were among those killed and injured in Barcelona including one Belgian national confirmed to have died.

A seven-year-old British boy is among those missing following the Las Ramblas rampage, which Prime Minister Threresa May said left a “small number” of Britons injured.

The attack, the latest in a wave of vehicle rammings across Europe in recent years, caused panic on the streets of Spain’s largest city and drew condemnation from world leaders.

“It was clearly a terror attack, intended to kill as many people as possible,” Josep Lluis Trapero, senior police official, said.

Hours later, police said they had shot dead “four suspected terrorists” and left another injured in Cambrils, a city south of Barcelona.

The regional government of Catalonia, where both Barcelona and Cambrils are located, also confirmed the incident in the early hours of Friday, which police had earlier qualified as a “possible terrorist attack.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here